This set of Solved MCQ on Database Management System (DBMS) includes objective questions on database Normalization, Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML) and Data Control Language (DCL).
1. The candidate key is that you choose to identify each row uniquely is called ____
A) Alternate Key
B) Primary Key
C) Foreign Key
D) None of the above
2. ____ is used to determine whether a table contains duplicate rows.
A) Unique predicate
B) Like Predicate
C) Null predicate
D) In predicate
3. To eliminate duplicate rows ____ is used
D) None of these
4. State true or false
i) A candidate key is a minimal super key.
ii) A candidate key can also refer to a surrogate key.
A) i-true, ii-false
B) i-false, ii-true
C) i-true, ii-true
D) i-false, ii-false
5. DCL stands for
A) Data Control Language
B) Data Console Language
C) Data Console Level
D) Data Control Level
6. ____ is the process of organizing data into related tables.
D) None of the above
7. A ____ does not have a distinguishing attribute if its own and most are dependent entities, which are part of some another entity.
A) Weak entity
B) Strong entity
C) Non-attributes entity
D) Dependent entity
8. ____ is the complex search criteria in the where clause.
B) Drop Table
9. ____ is the preferred method for enforcing data integrity
B) Stored Procedure
10. The number of tuples in a relation is called its ____ While the number of attributes in a relation is called it’s ____
A) Degree, Cardinality
B) Cardinality, Degree
C) Rows, Columns
D) Columns, Rows
11) The language that requires a user to specify the data to be retrieved without specifying exactly how to get it is
A. Procedural DML
B. Non-Procedural DML
C. Procedural DDL
D. Non-Procedural DDL
12) Which two files are used during the operation of the DBMS?
A. Query languages and utilities
B. DML and query language
C. Data dictionary and transaction log
D. Data dictionary and query language
13) The database schema is written in
14) The way a particular application views the data from the database that the application uses is a
B. relational model
15) The relational model feature is that there
A. is no need for primary key data
B. is much more data independence than some other database models
C. are explicit relationships among records.
D. are tables with many dimensions
16) Which one of the following statements is false?
A. The data dictionary is normally maintained by the database administrator
B. Data elements in the database can be modified by changing the data dictionary.
C. The data dictionary contains the name and description of each data element.
D. A data dictionary is a tool used exclusively by the database administrator.
17) Which of the following are the properties of entities?
18) Which database level is closest to the users?
19) Which are the two ways in which entities can participate in a relationship?
A. Passive and active
B. Total and partial
C. Simple and Complex
D. All of the above
20) ____ data type can store unstructured data